If you are picking up or dropping off your child at the beginning or the end of the day and a vehicle is part of the mix, please be mindful that many of our students are walkers or riding a bicycle. While we remind our walkers and bikers to cross at crosswalks only, and we remind our bikers to walk their bikes until they have crossed over Eastcleft, Cimmaron, or Wickliffe, and while we have Safety Patrollers on duty, they are children! So, as adults please remember to
- Wait patiently in the line of cars if you pick up or drop off your child off of Eastcleft near our Castle Park Big Toy or in front of the school. Don’t attempt to go around, cut off or pass a car already in line.
- Be mindful at the corners of Eastcleft/Cimmaron and Wickliffe/Cimmaron where our Safety Patrol students are positioned. All walkers, including adults, should cross at the crosswalks always.
- Use care to cross Cimmaron to get to your car parked on the west side of Cimarron by walking in-between the waiting buses during dismissal.
- Ensure your child exits the car on the sidewalk side during drop-off wherever you are. Have them go out on the sidewalk side of the car and walk to the corner to cross.
- Drive slowly and cautiously. I understand there are schedules to keep. But there is no schedule to keep that outweighs a child’s safety.
Thank you for keeping an eye out for all of our children at these busy times in the day.