Dear Wickliffe Community,
I hope you are enjoying the wonders of this white Ohio winter and our unexpected time off.
Although it looks calm and quiet, it is actually a very exciting and busy time at Wickliffe. Many important opportunities are unfolding, all before Spring Break! So get out your calendar & prepare to be a part of these exciting Wickliffe events.
Wickliffe Kindergarten Information Meeting
February 26th @ 6:45
Staff will gather in the gym for an informal presentation on our Wickliffe program.
UA District Informal Program Information
March 3rd @ 6:30
Barrington & Wickliffe staff will gather in the Barrington Elementary school cafeteria. If you have ever wondered “How is Informal different from the other programs?” This would be a great meeting to attend.
Informal Affair Wrap up & 2015 Pass Off
March 4th @ 6:30
The Daily Growler (2812 Fishinger Rd, Upper Arlington, OH 43221)
We will celebrate our hard work & prepare for a successful 2015 Informal Affair. This is a great meeting to attend if you have ever wanted to get involved with the IA process. We will even feed you Donato’s Pizza! Bring a friend, you will need a break after all of these snow day
March 12th @ 6:00
As a community we will gather for a brief general PTO meeting and then explore the benefits of Block Play. Our Wickliffe staff will guide us through recent studies & plans to incorporate blocks into every classroom. We plan to facilitate & discuss much like the evening we watched August to June.
Things To do On A Snowy Day:
- Make a snow man or a snow castle or monster even! Send us a picture and we will post it for others to see!
- Go sledding. Scioto River, near the Fishinger bridge has great runs & you can get a hot cocoa at Colin’s Coffee afterwards to warm up!
- Grab a book! Get lost in the pages!
- Bake with the kids!
- Have a snow ball fight. Have you seen those snowball molds that make 8 at a time? Whoa!?
- Play Monopoly or Risk. Both are long board games that are big fun for the family.
- Snow paint. Put some water and food coloring in squirt bottles and become a snow Picasso.
- Pick a trilogy & expose your children to some of the classics.
- Make pizza together!
- Do crossword puzzles.
- Make a family calendar. Put all of the important Wickliffe dates on it!
- Take a nap.
- Help a neighbor shovel snow. Very good karma, who knows you could need the help one day.
- Catch snow flakes on black paper. No two are alike!
Wickliffe PTO President